Icon naming spec: generic binary MIME type icon?

Jakob Petsovits jpetso at gmx.at
Mon Dec 1 07:48:37 PST 2008

On Monday, 1. December 2008, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> Mmh, I don't know about the history around the spec but "good luck getting
> it in" doesn't sound too encouraging.  Contacting this list was the only
> instruction about feedback to the spec I found - does the "good luck" part
> imply that I should be contacting someone else about it or be prepared to
> do something else besides start this discussion?

Essentially, after the initial creation phase the naming spec maintainer has
both been pretty restrictive about potential additions and has also stated to
have very little time to spend on the spec. The combination of these factors
has led to a de-facto standstill in the naming spec, several people (including
myself) have found it very hard to get even the most straightforward
suggestions included - getting anything controversial or less obvious into the
spec has proven to be near to impossible.

Maybe the situation has changed over the last few months - I'm not aware of
any new developments, but in case there are, please disregard this message.

Wishes,
  Jakob