file selector abstraction (GUI) (libfileselector.so)

Mark Seaborn mrs at mythic-beasts.com
Mon Dec 15 09:00:33 PST 2008

Sol <solistic at gmx.net> wrote:

> I'd like to make it configurable what file selector boxes my
> applications do present me. Is there already work done in this area?

I have written a hack for Gtk which replaces Gtk's usual file chooser
with a file chooser implemented in a separate process.  The purpose is
for the file chooser to act as a security mechanism, granting the
requesting application access to the chosen file.

See <http://plash.beasts.org/wiki/FilePowerbox> and
<http://plash.beasts.org/wiki/GtkFilePowerboxHook>.

I still need to turn this into something I can submit for inclusion in
Gtk.

Mark