KMenu fails when submenu has single item.

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Feb 8 11:49:31 PST 2008

On Wednesday 04 April 2007, Paul Gilliam wrote:
> I am working a bug where KMenu messes up when it promotes a leaf  item up
> a level when it is it's parent only child.
>
> I started a thread in a KDE forum, but I now believe that this mailing
> list would be the best place to get some help.  I don't subscribe to this

well, actually, this mailing list is the wrong one as this is about the KDE
implementation of a spec, not the spec itself. you're probably looking for
panel-devel at kde.org.

in any case ....

> Message 1:   (from me)
>----------------- Let's assume that A-A, A-B and A-C all are the submenu of
> menu A in K Menu. If the menu editor is used to remove A-B and A-C so there
> remains only A-A as the submenu of A, then when you check K Menu, you will
> see menu A's icon has been changed to A-A's, but the name is still A. When
> you click A from the K Menu, it will launch A-A application.
> KMenu fails when submenu has single item.

> 3. Now check K Menu->Tools->Archiving again, you will see
> - Archiving's icon changed to Ark's
> - Archiving doesn't show Ark submenu item

that's intentional. there's no point in having menus with *one* item in them.

> - Click Archiving, it launchs Ark application

this is the problem: the name doesn't change. the menu item should probably
change it's name to the application to make it really clear what's going on.

> So I am looking for the source to KMenu... can someone give me a pointer
> or two?

the code is in kdebase/kicker/kicker/ui/ .. the file you probably want to look
at is servicemnu.cpp (going from memory here; i'm on my laptop and it doesn't
have the kde3 source code on it =) ...

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se