Default Program | File Association

Stanislav Brabec sbrabec at suse.cz
Tue Jan 29 09:34:08 PST 2008

Mhall wrote:

> > * it wouldn't solve "gnome and kde want to start a different text editor" either.
> Yes, I do see how that is a problem, especially since alternatives is global not per-user.  But then again, maybe a KDE user wants GEdit to open text/plain instead of Kate, you never know.  How exactly is this solved now?  Sorry if it's already been explain, I've only recently been paying attention.

KDE uses InitialPreference. GNOME uses defaults.list.

--
Best Regards / S pozdravem,

Stanislav Brabec
software developer
SUSE LINUX, s. r. o.                          e-mail: sbrabec at suse.cz
Lihovarská 1060/12                            tel: +420 284 028 966
190 00 Praha 9                                fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic                                http://www.suse.cz/