Default Program | File Association

Mildred ml.mildred593 at online.fr
Thu Jan 31 11:36:06 PST 2008

Le Thu 24/01/2008 à 08:08 Hayden à écrit:
> I think it would be best not to allow applications to set themselves
> as the default application as this should entirely be a user
> preference. However it would be nice to be able to read this value.

Yes, but people may not know how to change the default application, and
having a dialog telling "Foo is not currently your default application
for viewing bars, would you like to make it your default application ?"
is easier for most users.
So I think if this possibility exists, it should be kept. But of couse,
well written applications should offer to disable this annoying
message, and shouldn't set themselves as default without user
confirmation.

Mildred
--
Mildred Ki'lya
E-Mail:	mildred593(at)online.fr

Site:	<http://mildred632.free.fr/>
XMPP:	<mildred at jabber.fr> (GoogleTalk, Jabber)

GPG:	197C A7E6 645B 4299 6D37 684B 6F9D A8D6 [9A7D 2E2B]