API for binding and unbinding a key combo?

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Mon Mar 31 03:52:25 PDT 2008

On Monday 31 March 2008 12:23:22 Bastien Nocera wrote:
> Well, that's pretty much what we want to do as well, to avoid
> applications having their own code, and needing to be running to capture
> the key (we've already got the first and last bullet items, and want to
> implement the second one).
>
> What about the D-Bus API?

Currently what we have is this:

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdelibs/kdeui/shortcuts/org.kde.KdedGlobalAccel.xml?revision=688478&view=markup

It accesses the object /modules/kdedglobalaccel on org.kde.kded.

As the comments indicate, this interface is not meant for public consumption.
It's just used for communication internally between KDE libraries and the
daemon.

That's why I was offering to look into making this an fd.o standard.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358