Haiku - FreeDesktop.org cooperation proposal (fwd)

Toni Ruottu toni.ruottu at iki.fi
Thu May 8 16:59:47 PDT 2008

> Our default BTextView class which is used almost everywhere text is
> entered handles pasting at carret, and replacing selection.

Just for the record. This is something people typically fail at, while
they are implementing implicit pasting. The common error is that middle
click on a text area moves the cursor before the actual implicit pasting
happens.

> Seems (except Terminal's paste-doesn't-unselect) we comply already \o/

Congratulations. I hope you get the optional implicit clipboard features
implemented some day. As for the terminal, some other terminal
applications seem to work similarly. I'd really like to know why this
design choice is so common. It might be that terminal emulator
developers are just copying each others features, but there might also
be a clear reason why supporting this behavior is so common.

  --Toni