Special mime types for directories.

Daniel Bo daengbo at gmail.com
Wed May 14 21:16:19 PDT 2008

> > Why not allow directories to have mime types as well ?

One thing that would have to be sorted out first is how to identify when the
user wanted to browse the contents (i.e. to edit files) and when the user
wanted to open the directory with the default application.

ROX has used this for a long time, though, as its application launcher
concept. I think it's great. Just think before we leap, eh?

And I don't think that it would cause any disruption at first because no
apps would support it. As apps support the concept, they add their mime-type
to the list. Am I wrong?