Idea about generic command framework for launching common applications

Darren Fulton dfulton at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 20:03:10 PST 2008

Thank you for your input.  The process of setting up the alternatives
(creating the links) should be automated .   I wouldn't expect users to
issue a command like the example that I gave you from the command line.
Also, this idea is not really meant to directly benefit those lucky
souls who only use their own computer.

This is a standardized alternative method of launching useful common
applications by issuing a plain language command on the computer that
happens to be in front of you at that given moment.  No clicking around
and visually scanning the program menu for 4 clicks and 20 seconds of
your life just to find a way to open a browser, a text editor, etc.

--
Thank You,
Darren Fulton