Notification System

Mirco Müller mirco.mueller at canonical.com
Wed Dec 2 01:50:16 PST 2009

Am Mittwoch, den 02.12.2009, 01:07 +0100 schrieb Esben Stien:

> Christian Hammond <chipx86 at chipx86.com> writes:
>
> > I wouldn't say I'm MIA. You only e-mailed me an hour ago :)
>
> Right, it was really the project which looked at little abandoned and I
> thought development had proceeded on notify-osd. Sorry;).

	notify-osd is a different interpretation of how a notification-daemon
(the term itself, not chipx86's program) should work... well according
to our (Ubuntu) ideas about user-interaction.

	The whole notification system is more than just the daemon displaying
the notifications. There's the protocol-spec, libnotify and the daemon.
notify-osd just replaces the the daemon-part. It's a bit like "vi or
emacs" :)

Best regards ...

Mirco