OSD symbols

Jakub Steiner jimmac at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 14:55:13 PST 2009

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 11:33 PM, Ted Gould <ted at gould.cx> wrote:
> WRT icons wanting to use shades of particular colors or other things for
> highlights, that can be achieved using SVG filters.  I don't believe
> that rsvg supports the color map filter today, but fixing that would
> probably be better than fixing it on icon theme side of things.  This
> should give artists full control of what colors or shades of colors
> they're using.  In some cases, this could look bad, but that's what bug
> trackers are for ;)

Hi Ted
...erm, or just set the stroke/fill color? This isn't Inkscape 0.47
feature tour ;)

What the important part here is that the color isn't defined in the
icon itself, it's up to the widget theme to define in all sorts of
different contexts like we have it for text. Eg. panel, menu, toolbar,
when it's hovered over, disabled, that sort of thing.

I would really want to keep this simple and monochrome (within one
icon). As Rodney said, if we needed the complexity we could just stick
to the generic theme. If we'd need a dramatic red color, we can color
the whole thing/background. And it would probably simplify the
implementation of the widget colors<>icon bridge.

--
Jakub Steiner <jimmac at gmail.com>
http://jimmac.musichall.cz