What constitutes "user configuration files" in the XDG basedir spec?

Vincent Untz vuntz at gnome.org
Fri Jan 16 04:34:38 PST 2009

Le jeudi 15 janvier 2009, à 22:10 +0100, Dieter Plaetinck a écrit :
> I see your points and they make sense.  I think the real issue is no
> longer "is it configuration or not", but rather "is it configuration
> that the user cares about or not"

This definition won't work. And this thread can show you why: you don't
care about your window position/size, but other people do.

> Maybe we can keep everyone happy if we make the spec specify more then
> one config file per app inside $XDG_CONFIG_{HOME,DIRS}

Hrm. I don't get it. The specification explicitly mentions
subdirectories, so applications definitely can use more than one config
file.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.