Notifications spec: new patchsets

Olivier Goffart ogoffart at kde.org
Wed Jul 8 06:17:28 PDT 2009

Le Tuesday 30 June 2009, Aurélien Gâteau a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I updated the KDE patchsets and also started to put down my changes in a
> new spec, using Aaron gitorious repository. You can find all of them here:
>
> http://people.canonical.com/~agateau/notifications-0.10

It is a bit a pitty that we have to convert back and forth from one format to
another (in knotify and plasma). But that's the only way to go anyway if we
want interoperability with gdk

Regarding the timeout issue, we will leak the notification object if there is
a crash/bug in plasma or in knotify (and so the application would not received
the closed signal animore). But that should not be that often.

So in conclusion I think your patches are fine to be commited.