freedesktop.org specification process

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Fri Jul 10 03:31:29 PDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 09, 2009 at 05:07:39PM -0400, Rodney Dawes wrote:
> I generally disagree with the idea that in order to use the
> org.freedesktop namespace for DBus interfaces, you must first gain
> acceptance through having multiple desktops use your interface.

I've snipped the rest of your email since you make it quite plain you
haven't bothered to read what you're complaining about.

Since I'm such a ridiculously nice person, I'll reiterate for you:
  * step one: project presents rough proposal along with request to
              use org.freedesktop namespace, no formal interface spec
              nor code need be present
  * step two: project presents interface spec and asks for that to be
              approved

Between steps one and two, no-one else can use that namespace but you.
Seem fair?

Cheers,
Daniel