[New] Desktop Preferred Applications Specification

PCMan pcman.tw at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 23:24:14 PDT 2009

Currently there is no consensus on how to specify default programs,
but many existing desktops are using the same way, the defaults.list.
The proposed "Desktop Preferred Applications Spec" doesn't aimed to
solve this problem, but it provides a cross-desktop way which can work
with existing specs. Once there is a common way to specify default
programs for file types, all of them can work immediately.