Notification spec issue: Ability to assign an icon *and* an image to a notification

Christian Hammond chipx86 at chipx86.com
Fri Jun 12 13:23:45 PDT 2009

I like the idea of using a hint more. As you said, this is a widely used
spec at this point, and libnotify/notification-daemon are not the only
implementations of this spec. I'd prefer we not break the world.

I don't know about it being image_path though. One very common request has
been to add the ability to send notifications to remote servers. While it
hasn't been a priority, I don't want to rule it out altogether. If we
replace our icon implementation with image_path, then that will never work
in a remote case. We'd still have to send the image data.

I'd rather image_path be a convenience of libnotify's API rather than being
in the D-BUS API.

Christian

Christian Hammond - chipx86 at chipx86.com
VMware, Inc. - http://www.vmware.com