Starting discussion on a new version of the notification spec

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Sat Jun 13 15:08:20 PDT 2009

On 06/13/2009 02:26 PM, Christian Hammond wrote:
> They know my stance on this one. Upstream libnotify and notification-daemon
> will always support actions.

Might be a little OT for xdg-list, but: would you be interested in
adding support to libnotify (or accepting a patch) to query for the
'actions' capability, and if the daemon doesn't support it,
transparently convert notifications with actions into dialog boxes (and
proxy GtkDialog::response to NotifyNotification::action-invoked and
::closed appropriately)?  Would be great to avoid having to write
special-case code in apps to handle daemons that doesn't support
actions, and I'd bet the Ubuntu guys would be happier to not have to
support actions at all for compatibility.

> I'll fight any change to remove action support from the spec to the death :)

Glad to hear it ^_^

	-brian