Notification spec issue: Ability to assign an icon *and* an image to a notification

Olivier Goffart ogoffart at kde.org
Thu Jun 25 02:51:59 PDT 2009

Le Wednesday 24 June 2009, Aurélien Gâteau a écrit :
> Christian Hammond wrote:
> > The proposal sounds good to me :) I'd like to hear what others think,
> > but I'd say it's worth doing a prototype.
>
> More prototypes!
>
> I uploaded all my patchsets here:
>
> http://people.canonical.com/~agateau/notifications-0.10/
>
> There are patches for libnotify, notification-daemon, kdebase and
> notify-osd.
>
> Please give them a try.

I only looked at the kdebae patch.
Appart from the name that Aaron already mentioned:

in knotify/notifybypopup.cpp:
-	int timeout = !timeoutStr.isEmpty() ? timeoutStr.toInt() : 0;
+	// -1 means: notification server decides
+	int timeout = !timeoutStr.isEmpty() ? timeoutStr.toInt() : -1;

That's wrong.  We do not want any timeout.  The norification has to stay
forever until it is closed by the user or by the client application.

I am not sure the image can still possibly works on kde with this patch.