Notification spec issue: Ability to assign an icon *and* an image to a notification

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Jun 25 13:32:26 PDT 2009

On Thursday 25 June 2009, Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
> It also has the advantage that it has working implementations that a lot
> of people use.  You may find it easy to dismiss that over in KDE land
> (and I certainly understand why), but that dismissal does not sit well
> with me.

so let me point out the obvious:

when it came out, there were as many implementations (1) as knotify had at the
time and fewer apps using it. and there were objections made at that point in
time, which were ignored, and this continued on in the same manner (objections
raised, and ignored) until this point when I went ahead and started
implementing the galago spec in KDE.

what this proves is that you can get your idea through, no matter it's quality
or providence or acceptance to others who share it, through simple thuggery.

that's not really a system in which i want to participate in and offer my
support to. do you?

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se