icon naming spec project on launchpad?

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Jun 25 14:02:47 PDT 2009

On Thursday 25 June 2009, Rodney Dawes wrote:
> Bugzilla and MoinMoin don't provide useful work-flow for maintaining
> status and discussion of something like icon names. They are not
> particularly great for task oriented work-flows, while LaunchPad Bugs
> is designed more for a task based work-flow. And so there is a
> discussion as to whether we should use LP for managing this information
> for the Icon Naming Spec, or if people have better (or worse) ideas
> about how to do it.

while it's a bit ironic to use a non-Free system, i completely empathize with
the situation.

if you folks do move the discussion there, this should be clearly documented
within the fd.o hosted resources, including the spec itself. that way we can
keep the results of what you folks are doing in an easy-to-find place for
everyone who needs to consult it (fd.o), allow people to easily find how to
get involved and remove barriers to efficiency for you guys.

my only question is whether or not this is something that the various
participants in working on the icon spec are in favour of?  i assume/hope so,
but as it hasn't been mentioned, i feel compelled to ask for clarity.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se