Review of the thumbnailer spec

Philip Van Hoof spam at pvanhoof.be
Mon May 18 05:02:48 PDT 2009

On Sun, 2009-05-17 at 04:55 +0200, Jannis Pohlmann wrote:

> Thumbnailing is expensive and I'm curious whether the D-Bus overhead
> will actually be noticable (the annoying kind of way). I really want
> thumbnailing moved out of *our* file manager at least. I might be wrong
> and later find myself at a dead end, but I'll give it a shot.

For us this has so far not been noticeable for values of "noticeable"
that are relevant for the speed at which must people's ciliary muscle
can contract to accommodate the eye to see the thumbnail sharp.

But maybe some humans have extraordinary fast eyes?

home: me at pvanhoof dot be
gnome: pvanhoof at gnome dot org
http://pvanhoof.be/blog
http://codeminded.be