Please standardize Screen saver DBus interfaces

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Wed May 20 01:58:14 PDT 2009

On Tuesday 19 of May 2009, Jim Gettys wrote:
> The core X protocol never anticipated the inhibition of screen saving
> for video playing (much less having several video players running in
> advance: any video at all was well in the future) it is a scenario of
> use we did not foresee.
>
> Trying to (ab)use the core X11 protocol into solving this problem is
> almost certainly futile

 What does the way described below seem to work just fine then :) ? Not to
mention that not only it doesn't look like abuse, but like the use case that
XResetScreensaver() was created for?

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 084 672
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http://www.suse.cz