Actions extensions in File Manager

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sat Nov 28 03:30:56 PST 2009

On Friday 27 November 2009, Pierre Wieser wrote:
> Maybe the authors of Desktop Entry spec may give us some rationales
> about the 'Desktop Action' disappearance ?

I would very much like to know as well.

> Nonetheless, I'm afraid that I'll have to write my own extension
> spec, hoping that other file managers will take benefit of it...:(

Why not use "Desktop Action", even if it's not in the spec anymore?
This would make the format somewhat compatible with KDE servicemenus, although
we have to agree on where to install them and how to flag them as servicemenus
(the answers to these two questions are currently kde-specific for
servicemenus).