Fwd: Actions extensions in File Manager

Vincent Untz vuntz at gnome.org
Mon Nov 30 08:13:50 PST 2009

Le vendredi 27 novembre 2009, à 12:59 +0100, Kevin Krammer a écrit :
> On Friday, 2009-11-27, Ted Gould wrote:
> > On Thu, 2009-11-26 at 14:30 +0100, Pierre Wieser wrote:
> > > However, these two threads refer to a 'Desktop Action' which
> > > was present in current 0.9.4 spec, but has disappeared from
> > > latest 1.1. Does this mean the 'Desktop Action' entry has been
> > > obsoleted ?
> >
> > More specifically, it was deleted in the 0.9.6 version as it was in
> > 0.9.5.  I am too curious about these, as I was looking at trying
> > something similar for a couple messaging menu features.  I'd much prefer
> > to use something standard.
>
> Good question, since it seems it had already been implemented by at least two
> file managers.
> Maybe there is a commit log detailing the removal reasoning?

As far as I remember, it was removed by Waldo when there was a push to
release a 1.0 version of the spec.

The major issue that the "Desktop Action" stuff had is that the spec
didn't really explain how it was working and how it was intended to be
used...

(I think the plan was to put it back once it'd be well defined)

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.