Request to register a "Main" desktop Category: Electronics

Vincent Untz vuntz at gnome.org
Tue Oct 6 07:22:28 PDT 2009

Le lundi 28 septembre 2009, à 08:36 +0200, Chitlesh GOORAH a écrit :
> Hello there,
>
> This is a request to register a "Main" desktop Category: Electronics
> so that it becomes a standard defined by
> http://standards.freedesktop.org/menu-spec/latest/apa.html
>
> Name: Electronics
> Description : Electronics design and simulation software, e.g. a
> circuit designer
> Notes: (none)

I don't think it should be a main category. However, we can certainly
add an additional category for it -- looking at the screenshot you
provided, there seems to be enough app to justify this. Can you just
file a bug against the Specification product in bugs.freedesktop.org?

Or create a patch for the specification if you can :-) It lives at
http://webcvs.freedesktop.org/menus/menu-spec/

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.