Universal themes: a proposal

François Revol revol at free.fr
Sat Apr 10 12:55:43 PDT 2010

> > Haiku doesn't have font config. It doesn't use X11 either.
> You could have fontconfig without X11, at least in principle.
> [...]

Yes and I think it's been ported already as a dependancy of something
else, but it certainly won't be shipped with Haiku itself if not
needed.

> > > I'm not sure why you're so worried about people running a
> > > themable
> > > desktop on systems without package management. This is 2010. Yes,
> > > sure, there are a few hobbyists building their own distributions,
> > > but
> >
> > In case you didn't read before, I'm thinking about Haiku, which
> > doesn't
> > yet have centralized package mgmt. Many other OSes don't either.
> I think the right answer is to add package management to Haiku first,
> and then use it.

Working on it...

> > Haiku doesn't follow most XDG specs either due to not using X11...
> This is, however, the XDG list...

Sure, but it doesn't mean we should infer all specs are supported by
everyone, right ?
Specially those dealing with X11 make no sense for us.

François.