[ANN] MPRIS v2.0

Mirsal Ennaime mirsal.ennaime at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 09:49:21 PDT 2010

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 5:24 PM, Sander Jansen <s.jansen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Although we probably cannot get rid of the Position and Volume
> properties, perhaps the spec can at least mention that applications
> shouldn't query these every second, but rather use their own timers
> and use the proper signals to update their position/volume state.
> (this after encountering quite a few applications/applets that did
> this with the mpris v1. spec)

The mpris v1 did lack the relevant signals, now they are in the spec
and they are mentioned where they are relevant.
I think that the spec makes the correct behavior clear enough now.

Moreover, bindings will probably manage the property change signaling
stuff automatically soon (afaik, gdbus already does), so using signals
instead of manual polling will look very natural.
--
Mirsal