File managers and FUSE network filesystem

Daniel Garci­a Coego flamealchemist86 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 05:39:24 PST 2010

Hi,

I've been told that it's possible you could help me. Can you tell me if
there's a way to tell Nautilus and other file managers to avoid reading
contents from files when opening a directory to show them on the icon?
I'm implementing a network filesystem with FUSE but Nautilus detects the
mount as local so it keeps reading files when entering a dir, and I
don't want it to do that. I wonder if when I mount my filesystem I can
tell file managers to avoid doing that (not only Nautilus but other file
managers, for portability).

Thanks for the help.

Best regards,

Daniel