Migrating the specifications to git (xdg-specs repo)

Jeff Mitchell mitchell at kde.org
Tue Feb 16 11:27:00 PST 2010

Is there a reason *not* to leave the repository in Gitorious? It's a
fully FOSS solution, and one that makes it easy to clone and then send
merge requests back.

Aaron stated "i really do think, however, that if something wants to be
a fd.o approved spec that "hosting it somewhere else" is not a valid
option. imho, there is no point in having specs we share without being
able to share the actual specification document."

I realize he was talking about different specs living in different
places. But it brings up a point, which is that there is a large
difference between sharing specification documents and hosting the VCS.
The specification documents can easily be culled from the current VCS
wherever the VCS lives.

--Jeff