FMPS

Karl Vollmer karl.vollmer at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 08:15:02 PST 2010

Hello all,

  I LIVE - Better late then never I guess. So I had a few comments on
the spec, but overall I'm pretty happy with it. Comments are as
follows

- I don't like the FMPS_???? syntax, but I see no way around it,
nature of the beast. so o.o)b to that

- We should restrict the allowed UTF-8 character set to non-control
characters. I'm pretty sure nobody wants a NULL or LF/CR in an
identifier. I'm not sure exactly what exceptions should be allowed in
the value, such a allowing NULL delimiters or something?

Beyond that I'm happy with the spec, and would be willing to implement
it in Ampache. As far as adoption I should be able to add read support
rather easily, but write could be more complex. It might be worth it
to build an "exporter" for Ampache / Amarok that would write out this
new tag format to your files in batch so that we can start to get
files out there with these tags.

-Karl