Actions extensions in File Managers - Draft 0.12

Pierre Wieser pwieser at trychlos.org
Mon Jul 19 05:12:58 PDT 2010

----- "PCMan" <pcman.tw at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Another potential problem of this spec.
> When we validate all actions against currently selected files, we can
> get a list of valid actions.
> However, if an action is also in ItemList of another menu, should we
> only show it in that menu and remove it from the context menu, or
> show
> it both in the context menu of the file managers and the sub menus
> defined with ItemList?
> Or, in this case, we should set TargetContext=false, so it's hidden
> from the main context menu, but can be shown in sub menus since it's
> listed in ItemList of another Menu?

Hi,

I agree that the spec let an action be potentially referenced in more
than one place, e.g. as you say, at the level zero of the context menu
_and_ as a subitem of a menu.

I would suggest that in such a case the action be actually shown more
than once, i.e. exactly where .desktop configuration tell us to do so.

In my mind, if TargetContext=false, the action cannot be displayed in
the context menu at all, whether it is at the level zero of the tree or
in a submenu.

Do you agree on that ?

Regards
Pierre