Desktop Entry Specification - ExecuteAs proposition

Vincent Untz vuntz at gnome.org
Fri Mar 5 04:07:39 PST 2010

Le vendredi 05 mars 2010, à 12:26 +0100, Pierre Wieser a écrit :
> Hi
>
> Work currently done on a shared specification about file manager actions
> extensions (a definitive name is always to be found) has led us to define
> an 'ExecuteAs' key.

I admit I didn't catch up with this thread. What is the rationale
explaining the need for this key?

> Goal of this key is to let the action creator specify with which user/uid
> the command must be ran.

I believe it's been discussed in the past, but I think some people
didn't like the idea and would prefer to avoid any kind of su/sudo usage
on the desktop. This is where PolicyKit steps in.

But David Z. might want to comment there (I think he's on this list).

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.