Desktop Entry Specification - ExecuteAs proposition

Michael Pyne mpyne at purinchu.net
Sat Mar 6 14:22:24 PST 2010

On Friday 05 March 2010 18:46:15 Lennart Poettering wrote:
> On Fri, 05.03.10 22:06, PCMan (pcman.tw at gmail.com) wrote:
> > I'm not against PolicyKit. It's design is clever and I kind of like
> > it, but people need to have choices.
>
> Do they really?

The entire reason this list exists is because people apparently feel they need
to have choices.

Very few things in computing are truly one-size-fits-all. Don't hammer a
square block into a round peg. Don't use a LGM-118A Peacekeeper when a simple
wrecking ball would do. Etc., etc., etc.

Or in short: Yes, people will find they need choices, whether or not you think
they do. It would be better to still be able to nicely interoperate after
those people have made a different choice.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne