Base Directory Specification and plugins

Gary Kramlich grim at reaperworld.com
Tue Nov 23 07:08:15 PST 2010

On 11/22/10 5:31 AM, Simon McVittie wrote:
> Current proposals for multiarch in LSB and Debian-derived distributions
> http://lackof.org/taggart/hacking/multiarch/,
> http://wiki.debian.org/multiarch, https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MultiarchSpec) use
> GNU triplets to name subdirectories of /usr/lib, e.g. /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnu.
>
> So, I'd suggest mirroring those and using ~/.lib/CPU-[KERNEL-]OS/myapp/*.so.

Hmm... I hadn't considered multiarch but you bring up some great
points.  Although I don't see why it couldn't be ~/.local/lib*.  Since
as I mentioned earlier, it seems like the share directory in ~/.local is
either there for expansion or to just classify things further than they
need to be.
Gary Kramlich <grim at reaperworld.com>