.desktop file: supported URL schemes key

PCMan pcman.tw at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 05:47:14 PST 2010

If these things never works as expected, what's the point in using
URIs in the command line?
The Exec key of the desktop entry spec allows the use of %u and %U.
If file:/// is the only scheme which really works, why bother using URIs here?
It's fine to support %f and %F, and ask everyone to use FUSE.
If we allow the use of %u and %U, than it's necessary to make sure it
can work for the purpose.
Since protocol handlers can be added to the system now, this is crucial.
If a URI scheme can be supported by two different apps, and they treat
the URI differently, this still causes bad user experience.
So URI scheme is a real issue which cannot be circumvented simply by using FUSE.