New handling for URI scheme handlers

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Tue Oct 5 09:36:38 PDT 2010

Em Terça-feira 05 Outubro 2010, às 18:10:57, Bastien Nocera escreveu:
> > No.
> >
> > KDE requires that you install a .protocol file (which is just a .desktop
> > file with a different extension) in /usr/share/kde4/services.
>
> I should add that using a mime-type means that you get to have an
> mmap'ed binary cache, which is probably the only gain above the KDE
> implementation.
>
> And you could keep both implementations as well...

KDE has a binary, mmap()able cache of its configuration already, but the file
format is not standardised (in fact, it changes from version to version of KDE
and is regenerated as necessary).

I'm not arguing against (or for) the new scheme. I'm merely stating how KDE
does this now.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

Qt Developer Days 2010  -  Munich Oct 11-13  -  San Francisco Nov 1-3
For more information and to register: http://qt.nokia.com/qtdevdays2010