New handling for URI scheme handlers

Marius Vollmer marius.vollmer at nokia.com
Wed Oct 6 00:39:55 PDT 2010

ext Bastien Nocera <hadess at hadess.net> writes:

> Any comments?

This is very nicely aligned with what we do in Maemo / MeeGo, via the
libcontentaction library.

Libcontentaction implements the same extension as proposed here, but
with "x-maemo-urischeme/*" instead of "x-scheme-handler/*".  (And we are
happy to adopt any official standard of course.)

Libcontenaction also uses the same approach to define actions for
content in Tracker (x-maemo-nepomuk/*), and for things like phone
numbers in text messages (x-maemo-highlight/*).

Source:
    http://maemo.gitorious.org/maemo-af/libcontentaction

Docs:
    http://zagadka.vm.bytemark.co.uk/docboy/libcontentaction/

(Apologies for staying underground with that library until now and not
pushing for a proper standardization here.)