XDG specs migrated to git

Vincent Untz vuntz at gnome.org
Thu Oct 14 09:22:13 PDT 2010

Hi,

I just pushed to git a migration of various specs I did a while ago. I
apologized it took so long, but I wanted to double-check things and then
other stuff got higher priority...

It's all at http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xdg/xdg-specs/

Current specs in there:

 + autostart
 + basedir
 + desktop-entry
 + menu
 + systemtray

It's just a dumb import at the moment. I'll work on improving things
later on.

If people want to push other specs there, they're welcome. There's no
strict policy right now (except "don't break specs" ;-)) -- you might
need to ask for write access, though, I'm not sure. Ah, maybe we want to
have one unique source format for specs? That'd be docbook.

I think it'd make to also get the trash and thumbnails specs there if
possible. I'll try to find the docbook sources for that, and push them
there if people agree -- if someone has a vcs with the full history,
please send me a link :-)

As for other specs:

 + icon-theme & icon-naming: already in another git repo
   (xdg/default-icon-theme). I think people wanted to keep them there.
 + shared-mime-info: already in another git repo (xdg/shared-mime-info)
 + startup-notification: already in another git repo
   (startup-notification)

 + free media player: currently in gitorious. Want me to import it?

 + ewmh: any opinion?
 + xembed: any opinion?
 + xsettings: any opinion?
 + xds: any opinion?
 + recent-file: any opinion?
 + file-uri: any opinion?
 + sound-theme/sound-naming: any opinion?

Cheers,

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.