Base Directory Specification - XDG_*_DIRS syntax

Charles Suprin hamaa1vs at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 18:16:49 PST 2011

Since no-one else has brought this up, there are portability
considerations.  There are colons in Windows paths.  The ever famous
c:\.  Also old versions of Apple products used to use colons as well
for directory separators. Perhaps the solution is to have the
XDG_DATA_DIRS and XDG_CONFIG_DIRS stored as the native PATH variable.
However others probably know better than I.

Just my $.02,

Charles Suprin