Adding Unity to OnlyShowIn allowed values

Vincent Untz vuntz at gnome.org
Sat Feb 19 01:26:14 PST 2011

Hi Ted,

Le vendredi 18 février 2011, à 22:26 -0600, Ted Gould a écrit :
> On Thu, 2011-02-17 at 08:52 -0600, Ted Gould wrote:
> > We would like to add "Unity" to the list of values allowed for
> > OnlyShowIn in the menu spec.  While Unity is mostly GNOME based there
> > are cases where we'd like some desktop files and menus that GNOME does
> > not so the distinction is relevant.  Patch attached (it's huge!)
>
> Haven't seen any objection on this, I'm guessing it's not because people
> are scared of my good looks.  Sound good to everyone?

We usually wait a week or so to make sure everyone has time to object
:-)

Just curious: do you have examples of what you want to show/hide in
Unity compared to GNOME? If it's only for autostarted apps, then you
could use a mechanism like the one we're using for GNOME 3 vs fallback
GNOME:
 http://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-session/commit/?id=58ebdfac223e6246323a6fcc452221a7581ed868

Thanks,

Vincent