Status of app-id.

Stef Bon stefbon at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 03:29:14 PDT 2011

Hi,

some time ago there was a discussion on this list about tha app-id in
the desktop file.

I think that's a good thing. In the construction I'm, working on I can
have a list of pids of apps
using a mounted fs, and having an general list of app-ids to identify
uniquely an application
in the desktop context is very usefull.

To offer a window to inform the user what apps are using a mounted
resource, it's very convenient
to offer the names and the icons the user is familiar with, not the
names the program is running under.

For example, when swriter is one of those apps, the name in
/proc/<pid>/cmdline and the symlink exe are system names,
here soffice.bin.

My question is now what's the status?

Stef