Relative paths in .desktop files

Michael Thayer michael.thayer at oracle.com
Thu Jun 23 03:19:50 PDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-06-23 at 11:58 +0200, David Faure wrote:
> On Monday 18 April 2011, Vincent Untz wrote:
> > FWIW, I'd consider ./ to be relative to the path defined in the Path
> > key (which could be ./ to tell that it's the base directory of the
> > .desktop file).
>
> From a KDE point of view: I support these additions to the desktop entry spec
> and I volunteer to implement them in KDE.
>
> (In fact I just implemented support for Exec=./foo here, but that's useless by
> itself if it requires on a Path that has to be absolute, so the next step is
> to implement Path=. if we all agree on that syntax).
Great.  Would you like me to post an updated patch against the spec, as
in e.g.
[ http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xdg/2011-April/011887.html ], or
does [ http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xdg/2011-April/011882.html
] look good to you?

Regards,

Michael
--
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG   Michael Thayer
Werkstrasse 24                     VirtualBox engineering
71384 Weinstadt, Germany           mailto:michael.thayer at oracle.com