app id in desktop file

Ryan Lortie desrt at desrt.ca
Mon May 9 01:00:10 PDT 2011

On Mon, 2011-05-09 at 14:53 +0800, PCMan wrote:
> Namespacing is not very needed in this case.
> As mentioned in previous mails, names under /usr/bin are already unique.

This argument is simply untrue.

Go ask a Debian packager about how many packages exist with renamed
files in /usr/bin to avoid namespace clashes.

I'm not arguing that we should go renaming everything in /usr/bin, but
it's also not true to suggest that our "just call it whatever you like"
approach is completely without its problems.

Cheers