Showing a file in the file manager

PCMan pcman.tw at gmail.com
Thu May 19 21:06:28 PDT 2011

DBus is a nice idea.
Different file managers can expose a common dbus interface.
There are some common operations among different file managers.
Currently these are what I can think of.

File operations:
 move, copy, delete, trash, untrash, mkdir, chmod

UI operations:
 select file in window
 open folder (this can be better than using mime-type handlers for folders IMO)
 show properties of selected files

Is it possible to standardize these common operations?
If developers of dolphin, nautilus, and thunar are interested in this,
I'll be happy to do similar things in LXDE.