Common interfaces for speech services

Jeremy Whiting jpwhiting at kde.org
Mon Nov 7 15:49:10 PST 2011

Hello Michael,

It seems there was some work done in this regard to define a tts api
that providers could conform to.  I don't recall if it was dbus based,
but more information can be found here:
http://devel.freebsoft.org/tts-api  There is even a python provider
implemtation http://devel.freebsoft.org/tts-api-provider but I'm not
sure how fully developed it is.  At the bottom of the api page it says
discussion for the api takes/took place on
accessibility at freedesktop.org mailinglist.  That may be a place to
look for more background too.

thanks,
Jeremy