Showing a file in the file manager

Aleksei Lissitsin aleksei.lissitsin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 17:06:48 PDT 2011

Dear folks!

Was there any update/agreement on the issue?

Will there be added --select parameter to xdg-open or
the users will have to use DBus directly?
(IMHO, presently it still would be convenient to have such a parameter:
xdg-open could fall back to just showing the folder in the absence of
DBus interface (or try to use specific cases),
the users (e.g., Chrome browser) could already implement calls to xdg-open,
and us, casual Linux users, could tweak their system so that the thing
would work without rebuilding the browsers)

Is the interface name org/freedesktop/FileManager1
and methods names proposed by PCMan agreed upon?

Aleksei

PCMan pcman.tw at gmail.com
Mon May 23 20:44:11 PDT 2011: