Showing a file in the file manager

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Thu Sep 22 10:53:56 PDT 2011

On Thursday, 22 de September de 2011 19:51:31 Aleksei Lissitsin wrote:
> This could be a nice approach. The D-Bus service file for FileManager1
> could then just (be installed by and) call xdg-open to start the right
> file manager if none is running.

D-Bus requires that the process it starts claim the name. If this process
exits before the name is claimed, the message will return to sender.

If another PID claims the name, it's undefined. I don't remember what happens.
      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358