Support for localized Exec entries, please

Ronny Standtke ronny.standtke at gmx.net
Fri Apr 20 07:07:11 PDT 2012

Hi
> Offtopic: why force your users to use firefox? Isn't there a better
> 'Type'? Why not use xdg-open?
Because in this example we *really* wanted to have firefox (it was the
only browser where the GeoGebra Java applets were working just fine).

> Another solution: use forward on the site depending on the browser
> settings.
We have no administrative access to every web server out there and in
some situations we use the localized entries to point to different HTML
files on the local file system, depending on the user's locale.

Besides all the other suggestions for workarounds and given that it
already works in KDE... is there any argument *against* localized Exec
or URL entries?

Best regards

Ronny