You're dropping me!

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Mon Dec 24 19:30:28 PST 2012

PR> I've tried to download xorg-server a few times, from wget & firefox,
PR> and I always get dropped after about 1.8MB.

By default wget will try several times starting where it left off.

Additionally, you can restart it where it left off by using the -c option.

Or, you can use rsync to grab the tars.  Eg:

rsync://xorg.freedesktop.org/xorg-archive/individual/xserver/xorg-server-1.13.1.tar.bz2

or whichever version you want.

I'd use something like:

:; rsync -vPS rsync://xorg.freedesktop.org/xorg-archive/individual/xserver/xorg-server-1.13.1.tar.bz2 ./

And to get the list of xserver tars available:

:; rsync rsync://xorg.freedesktop.org/xorg-archive/individual/xserver/

-JimC