Can *.desktop files be located in /usr/local/applications?

jupiter jupiter.hce at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 03:06:24 PDT 2012

Thanks Kevin and Damjan. Of cause, not default locations. If I
understand correctly, the top - down desktop structure is from
directory entries ->  menu / submenu -> desktop entries. All I need do
are:

(a) Create an additional directory myapp.directory to contain a
submenu myapp.menu.

(b) Create a myapp.menu file to includes all my application desktop
entries in different locations.

(c) Add the mayapp.directory to all users of a group.

Great and thank you very much.

Cheers.

Jupiter

Thank you.